Company's policy Quality management systems and occupational safety and environment
The quality policy of the company aims to supply distingished service of handling, storage of containers & cargo and customers satisfaction through:
- Achieving handling of containers and cargo rates competent with handling rates of similar container terminals in the region.
- Commitment with continual improvement and development of performance.
- Establishing and verifying the company's objectives with periodical review.
- Commitment with ISO 9001 - 2000 QMS requirements.
- Upgrading employee's awareness, qualification, studies through local and international training in universities and institutes.5.
- Achieving the satisfaction of customers, shareholders and employees.
- Securing suitable work environment for the company and surroundings.
- The quality policy is reviewed periodically to ensure the suitablitiy and effectiveness for quality management system.
- Quality policy is communicated and understood by all employees.
- Alexandria Container and Cargo Handling Co. was the first company in Egypt in its field, to obtain the ISO 9002-1994 certificate in 1998.
- In February 2003 the company obtained the ISO 9001-2000 QMS, which requires the company's goals to be measured and continual improvement.
- The company has obtained the OHSAS- 18001 certificate in February 2004.
The occupational health & safety management policy:
Securing suitable work environment for all company’s employees and customers Through :
- commitment to continual improvement and development of occupational health & safety management system .
- commitment to comply with OH & S legislation and other requirements .
- reducing the risk for container & cargo handling activities and all related operations .
conducting management review periodically to ensure OH & S management system efficiency .
The International Ships and Port facilities Security Code (ISPS)
Issued under the provision of Part B of ISPS Code. This Port facility operates in accordance with the approved port security plane.